Katherine at Homestead Garden and Pantry, honored me with the Stylish Blogger Award. Granny Miller, as she goes by, is the writer of *the* most inspiring blog I have come across. I've read her blog for years and implemented ideas as I am able on my little Urban Homestead. Is it childish to admit how giddy I was when I realized that she was aware of my blog?
The rules of the game are that I must divulge seven things that you may not know about me and pass the honor along to fifteen other bloggers. Therefore:
1. I had several pet tarantulas as a child. I was fascinated by them. I brought them to school for show and tell once and was told by a girl that I was weird.
2. I am double-jointed in my hands and legs. I should have challenged that girl to a game of Mercy! Double-jointed-ness can lead to arthritis. I had a lot of pain in my hands and other joints several years ago that was cured by drinking kombucha.
3. I didn't know how to cook when I got married. I knew how to prepare Rice-a-Roni, Top Ramen, and Mac and Cheese. My husband asked for mashed potatoes and I said, "OK, I'll go get a box." He said, "No, real mashed potatoes!" It was an epiphany. I had never thought of making mashed potatoes from potatoes, just from a box of flakes. It didn't turn out well that first time. I have improved since then.
4. I love books! If you read at my other blogs, you already know that. I am currently cataloging my books so I might buy fewer duplicates. I have a friend who is waiting eagerly to hear the end number. My suspicion is so that she can say to her husband, "At least I'm not a bad as HER!"
5. I grew up in a very small town. The speed limit downtown was 15 MPH. In the outlaying roads, it was 30. You could go all of 55 on the highway, but I wasn't out there often. When I moved to Sacramento, CA, I was a wreck! I was afraid to drive the forty mph speed limit in town. My sister-in-laws, aged 12 and 13 at the time, thought this terribly funny.
6. I am a planner. I write lists of everything. However, I often forget my shopping lists at home. This makes my dear husband laugh and roll his eyes. "Good thing you are cute", says he.
7. I told my husband when we met (at age 15) that I wanted 22 children. I thought that would scare him off. :) It did not. He negotiated down to 10. That seemed like ever so many, back then. Now I wish I had stuck with a dozen or more. We have eight living children and two with the Lord, so he says we are finished.
Now to bestow the Stylish Blogger Award to fifteen others....
1. Mrs. O'Melay
4. Maureen at Suburban Sharecroppers
5. One Acre Homestead
6. Paisley at Vacation Schooling
7. Ginger at Clark Chatter
8. Stephanie at Our Little Library
9. Laurie at Common Sense Homesteading
10. Woody Farm
11. Veee at Acknowledging Him
12. Not Dabbling In Normal
15. Pudge and Biggie's Mom