This is a recipe from a facebook group. I'm looking forward to this! I love making things in the evening and cooking them in the morning for an easy beginning of the day.
Cher's Breakfast Casserole
1 lb ground sausage
3-4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 large pepper, green, red or yellow
1/2 lb of ham chopped
1/2 med white onion ( chopped )
6-8 slices of Crisp Bacon chopped
1 cups heavy whipping cream
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan or dish with bacon grease, olive oil or coconut oil.
1. Cook ground sausage until done ( drain ).
2. Layer shredded cheese evenly. Layer sausage atop the cheese.
3. Layer the green, red, or yellow chopped pepper next.
4. Layer the ham next.
5. Layer the chopped onion next.
6. Layer the chopped cooked - bacon next.
7. Beat 16 eggs with 1 quart of heavy whipping cream and pour over the top of
Bake 350 degrees F. 55-60 min. Sides and top should be golden brown.
Take out set on wire rack. Serve warm.
This can be prepared the night before. Cover with foil and set in the
refrigerator. The next morning set in oven uncovered, set oven to 350 add 10 min to cookingtime. Serve warm.