1¼ hours | 45 min prep
SERVES 96 , 3 quarts or 6 pints
- 8 cups tomatoes, peeled, chopped and drained
- 2 1/2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups green peppers
- 1 cup jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/8 cup canning salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- Mix all together and bring to a slow boil for 10 minute.
- Seal in jars and cook in hot water bath for 10 minute.
- This is a medium salsa. This is also a chunky salsa so if you want a smoother salsa cut your veggies into smaller pieces.