- 24 pounds tomatoes (equals about 34 cups cored, skinned, and quartered)
- 2 pounds green peppers (equals about 4 cups seeded, chopped)
- 12 ounces hot peppers (equals about 1 cup seeded, chopped)
- 2 pounds onions (4 whole onions)
- 3 TBS tobasco/hot sauce
- 2 2/3 cups vinegar
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 TBS chili powder
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 TBS oregano
Blanch, peel, core, and quarter tomatoes. Let sit overnight. The next day, drain the tomato juice off (and can it!). Seed and dice green and hot peppers (use gloves). Sit overnight and drain, discard liquid. Chop onions. Sit overnight and drain, discard liquid.
Combine everything in a stock pot. Cook for 3-4 hours. The longer it cooks, the spicier it will be. Pour into hot jars, leaving 1/2″ headspace. Process 35 minutes in a water bath canner (this is for 1-1000 feet elevation, adjust).